YIKES! One Week! Yep, One Week Until Thanksgiving!
Okay, I’m panicking. I need a list. I need a printable. MUST. STAY. CALM! I have created a list of things you can do right now to help you feel in control for Thanksgiving. Read along and download the list at the end of the post.
OKAY— Here Goes!
- Make Sure Your Menu Is Finalized. Knowing exactly what you are going to serve will help you organize everything else. If you need to audition any other dishes, get it done within the next couple days so you feel confident for the big day. (download my Menu Planner HERE).
- Buy or Order Your TURKEY If You Haven’t Already. You don’t want to be caught empty-handed when everyone rushes out to get theirs!
- Buy Non-Perishable Ingredients You Know You Will Need. This is a great time to buy things that you will need that will not spoil. Ingredients for stuffing, cranberry side, dressing, pumpkin pie. These things won’t go bad in your cupboards and you won’t be fighting it out in the aisles next week for the last pumpkin/canned pumpkin.
- Decide Which Plates, Linens, Silverware, Glasses and Serving Trays You Will Use. Take this opportunity to be certain that you have enough dessert plates or knives and you aren’t short one! Is there anything you need to purchase to complete your service or the look you want?
- Paint a Picture in Your Head of Where Everyone Will Sit and What the Table Will Look Like. Will you use place cards? Will children sit at one end of the table? Will everyone just come to the table and pick their favorite spot? Will people at each end of the table be able to reach the stuffing?
- Consider a Plan for the Leftovers. Of course you’ll have leftovers! Take a peek in your cupboards and see what your plastic container and/or plastic baggie situation is. Will you make little containers for your guests to take home? Decide if you need to pick up a few more containers.
Take a deep breath and know that in a week’s time you will be in the midst of a wonderful day with your friends and family, enjoying a beautiful meal in your home.
Download a Printable List of this Post HERE: TGivesWeekBefore