Some Days You’ve Just Got To Bake! TWD: Dorie’s Peanut Butter Change-Ups

Hey Tuesday! Its a great day to BAKE!

HEY TUESDAY! Its a great day to BAKE! Today I’m baking Dorie Greenspan’s Peanut Butter Change-Ups along with the other bakers at Tuesdays with Dorie

NOW, let me just tell you WHY it is the PERFECT DAY to bake these puppies:

1. Dorie Greenspan has just released a new book, called Dorie’s Cookies!!
  2. The Tuesdays with Dorie group is going to be baking their way through the whole book and today is the first day for posting the recipe you have baked!
  3. Its also National Author Day in the US and Dorie is my hands-down favorite cookbook author! (Happy Author Day Dorie!)

Dorie Greenspan's Peanut Butter Change Ups

These are super-peanut-buttery! Not too sweet. And kinda crumbly. Dorie’s instructions were easily recreated. Try the recipe yourself, right HERE or pick up a copy of Dorie’s new book.

I loved making this recipe!  I made a half-batch and froze 9 unbaked mounds. I think maybe next time, I might try sprinkling some flavored sugar on top before baking (I have some carmel flavored). I also think the I chopped my peanuts too small. I like the cookies that have the stray bigger peanut pieces in them better.

Some Days You've Just Got To Bake! These are Dorie Greenspan's Peanut Butter Change-Ups waiting to go into the oven!

I’m an American baking in France so my ingredients are a bit different than what I would normally find in the US.  It is actually hard to find peanut butter where I live! It isn’t sweet and oily like the American brands. The brown sugar I use isn’t really all the “packable”. But, they came out great. OH,…and no cookie scoop. But, honestly, (sorry Dorie), I think using a big old tablespoon-full and just kinda mounding the dough in with my hand gave them a nice handmade look.

TIPS & TRICKS for Baking an American Recipe in France:

• I use “regular” flour. In France it is called Type 55.
  • The brown sugar I used is called “La Perruche Pure Cane Cassonade”.
  • The peanute butter I used is called “Ethiquable: Beurre de Cacahuetes”

If you want to see how other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers made their recipe, visit this LINK! 🙂

Happy Baking from A Warm Hello!

gigi sig

Subscribe to my Newsletter: FREE STOCK PHOTO EACH WEEK

This entry was posted in Add Warmth to Your Table, Baking, Tuesdays and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Some Days You’ve Just Got To Bake! TWD: Dorie’s Peanut Butter Change-Ups

1. Hindy says:

Your cookies are gorgeous! Very peanut-y!

2. Ryan says:

Your cookies look incredibly delicious!! I can’t wait to make these in a couple of weeks!

3. Summer says:

How fun that you are baking a recipe created by an American who also lives in France part time. Your cookies look great and beautifully rounded.

• awarmhello says:

Hi Summer! I know,…it is strange, isn’t it? Thank you so much for the compliments! I like their roundness too. I have to stop myself from eating another right now!

4. Amy says:

Your cookies look delicious. Can’t wait to try this recipe next.

5. Diane Zwang says:

Luckily Dorie lives in France too, at least part of the year. I am sure she has great ideas about substitutions. I am looking forward to making these next.

6. Kayte says:

Okay, you definitely win in the photo department this week on these cookies…gosh those look fantastic and beautiful. I agree, I should have left the peanuts in bigger pieces and will next time. I love the idea of freezing some unbaked, why have I never thought to do that???? You are a genius! Fun to read your comps while baking there and fun to see your suggestions. What a nice post…and thanks for visiting my blog. 🙂

• awarmhello says:

Hi Kayte! Aww, thank you so much for the compliments!!! The freezing idea is Dorie’s, not mine! 🙂 I’ve actually never done it before!!! But, I absolulely love the idea of being about to pull something out of my freezer if somebody pops over (ha! If I can hold on to them that long!)

7. Teresa says:

I’ll be using the same method as you, unless I break down and buy some cookie scoops before then! I think I’ll make the full recipe, since everyone has said they appreciated having some to save in the freezer for another occasion. I made the chocolate sandwich cookies this week – they were great!

I’m looking forward to reading about your adventures cooking through an American cookbook in France.
    Teresa recently posted…Dorie’s Cookies – Chocolate Crème SandwichesMy Profile

• awarmhello says:

Hi Teresa! I’m getting more used to baking here after living here for about 2 1/2 years. I’m more used to my oven now, which is a convection oven, which I didn’t have in the US. There are a lot of ingredients that are hard for me to find. For example, I had to order All Spice from Amazon UK. Cookie cutters are rare. I haven’t found sanding sugar yet! I refered a lot to David Lebovitz’s blog when I first moved here. I was so confused by the flours! I use a lot of NYTimes recipes, Dorie’s recipes, David Lebovitz’s Chocolate Idiot Cake, French recipes and internet recipes. Happy Baking Teresa!

8. Kim says:

Your cookies look amazing! So funny, because I was thinking boy, I need to get a cookie scoop…thinking that is what you used haha! Great job!

• awarmhello says:

Awww, thanks so much Kim! I’ll see what happens with the next recipe that calls for a cookie scoop! Maybe I’ll break down and get one later! 🙂

Comments are closed.