Some Days You’ve Just Got To Bake! TWD: Dorie’s Christmas Spice Cookies

Hey Tuesday! Its a great day to bake!

HEY TUESDAY! Its a great day to BAKE! Today I’m sharing my results of Dorie Greenspan’s Christmas Spice Cookies along with the other bakers at Tuesdays with Dorie

Some Days You've Just Got To Bake!

This recipe starts with Dorie’s Do-Almost-Anything Vanilla Cookie Dough and then you add spices to the mixture. I ate a lot of the unbaked dough; it was delicious. Tons of beautiful, wonderful butter!

Dorie Greenspan's Christmas Spice Cookies are in her new book Dorie's Cookies.

Try the recipe yourself by picking up a copy of Dorie’s new book, Dorie’s Cookies.

I got to use a cookie cutter in honor of National Cookie Cutter Week and I used my new bottle of All-Spice (hard to find in France! I had to order it from England).

I have to say I was not in love with these cookies as much as I truly wanted to be! I found the dough hard to work with (really sticky) and the final cookies lacking the spice I craved.  But any day you bake (and eat cookie dough) is a really, really good day! As we bake our way through the book, there will be 3 more opportunities to try the base recipe again. I’m hoping for a perfect success next round!

Celebrate Cookie Cutter Week, December 1 - 7!

If you want to see how other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers made their recipe, visit this LINK! 🙂

Happy Baking from A Warm Hello!

gigi sig

Subscribe to my Newsletter: FREE STOCK PHOTO EACH WEEKClick Here to Visit A Warm Hello on Facebook

This entry was posted in Baking, Tuesdays, TWD and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Some Days You’ve Just Got To Bake! TWD: Dorie’s Christmas Spice Cookies

1. Peggy says:

What a great idea to make them into little men! Too cute. I cannot wait to try these next!
    Peggy recently posted…TWD-Dories’s Pfefferneusse cookiesMy Profile

2. I love that you made them into gingerbread men!
    Nicole @ The2nd35Years recently posted…Tuesdays With Dorie -PfefferneusseMy Profile

3. Hindy says:

Your little gingerbread men- shaped cookies made me smile! Good choice, and yes, I also can’t wait for the 3 more tries with the dough.
    Hindy recently posted…CHRISTMAS SPICE COOKIESMy Profile

4. Kayte says:

Who knew there was a National Cookie Cutter Day??? Such fun. I love reading posts and learning all these new bits of information. Your cookies are just so cute in the little gingerbread shape…sorry you didn’t love them better, but they sure are cute!
    Kayte recently posted…TWD Dorie’s Cookies: PfefferneusseMy Profile

5. Joyce Ong says:

Your gingerbread men cookies are so cute! How fun and festive for the coming holidays!

6. Diane Zwang says:

I love your sentiments on baking and cookie dough:) Sorry these were a hit for you. I am making these next.
    Diane Zwang recently posted…Dorie’s CookiesMy Profile

• awarmhello says:

Love to bake!!! I’m secretly plotting a baking session this morning,…just trying to figure out how to casually mention “Oh, by the way, I need to bake cookies this morning” to my husband! Happy Baking Diane!

7. summer says:

Your cookies look perfectly adorable and scrumptious. I didn’t know about cookie cutter day so that’s very fun. Happy cookie cutter day!!

8. Calla says:

The cookies look so cute and festive!

9. Teresa says:

Such a cute cookie cutter! I am looking forward to trying these ones. That’s too bad the dough was a little hard to work with.
    Teresa recently posted…Dorie’s Cookies – PfefferneusseMy Profile